Job is no longer available
Senior Product Engineer
be the Wheels Technical Reference in China interacting with Sales and Operations in order to support the business growth and sustainability.
In this role she/he ensures that the correct wheel designs are timely offered to the customers, defining priorities, assessing manufacturing feasibility and assuring that customer specifications are well understood and properly evaluated.
She/he ensures that drawings and Product Specifications are made available to Operations and allow product feasibility.
She/he establishes technical relationship with the main customers so as to strengthen the commercial relationship, and to help the definition of future product strategy by understanding the customer needs and trends.
She/he develops the skills of the Teams so as to increase the speed and the reliability of the design process, promoting Team members to become more and more customers interfacing.
She/he deals with the Engineering Teams in Europe and USA to guarantee an harmonized approach to product design and customer offers.
She/he promotes and/or conducts VA/VE projects, manage the New Product Introductions process on Egineering side.
She/he promotes and sustain Process improvements projects (e.g. moving drawings to CREO, Windchill introduction etc.)
He will support in due time the creation of the GKN Wheels Chinese Technical Centre (testing).
- Guarantee that each new wheel designed gets the proper feasibility and validation assessed to minimize risks
- Support the customers by making sure new enquiries are properly and timely answered using the Land Systems process ETO
- Support Operations by making sure feasibility is assessed for every new product design
- Support Sales in dealing with new business opportunities
- Establish and maintain Customer Technical Relationship
- Promotes the development of the team member skills (FEA, sign off, customer interface)
- Support the Operations for Design related production- and QA-issues.
- Promotes and manage VA/VE projects
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Bachelor in Engineering or similar.
Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role.
Languages – Chinese, Fluent English.
Personal: Systematic and precise (attention to details), constructive approach towards people and problems, open in interaction with people and able to motivate. Customer oriented. Flexible. Interested in growing Technical Skills (design, FEA). High work ethic.
Technical: Mechanical engineering know how preferred (materials, fatigue), CREO knowledge preferable, FEA understanding preferable.
Tags: Senior Product Engineer,GKN
Share this page: