Manager – Internal Audit (Financial Services) - Sydney
New South Wales
The Internal Audit - FSO team is in a substantial growth phase, and as a result we are looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager with insurance experience to join our successful and growing team.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice. You can expect to work with top tier clients, addressing compliance, financial and operational risk, as well as perform internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. You will assess the client’s current state internal controls and framework in order to mitigate risk.
Skills and attributes for success
· Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in performing procedures, especially focusing on complex, judgemental and/or specialized issues. You will work with the team and client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards. You will advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information.
· Brief the engagement team on the client’s IA environment and industry IA trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage service expectations, including timings and deliverables. You will demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial and operational risks, along with performing internal controls testing and develop internal audit plans.
· Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client’s business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client’s business.
· Demonstrate excellent project management skills and inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, through developing and coaching junior staff, delegating to team members.
· Maintain communication and updating of EY senior management on progress, helping the leadership team to oversee and streamline the team’s operations.
To qualify for the role you must have
· A minimum of 5 years + experience ideally working for a blue chip, government or professional services organisation as an IA Auditor or IA Risk Advisor.
· Experience in risk assessment, mitigation and remediation.
· Capability to project manage engagements and lead fieldwork.
· Experience in IA to include compliance and advisory/performance based reviews.
· Strong capability to develop junior staff, build high performing teams and effectively delegate with appropriate levels of support.
· Exceptional communication and report writing skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· A Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification in finance, business, accounting or related discipline.
· Professional accreditations and qualifications will also be considered favourably (CPA, CISA, CA, CIA, CISM, CISSP, CBCP, CIPP).
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with clear vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, then this is the role for yo
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package, where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career, through on the job training and established programs
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
· Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth, plus the opportunity to provide feedback and mould future leaders
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Tags: Manager – Internal Audit (Financial Services) - Sydney,EY
Share this page: